Today is day two, and since nothing really happened today, other than the "ordinary" {pun intended}, I thought I would skip. But, even with an ordinary day, comes the extraordinary.
My husband and I have started rising early, before the children in the mornings, to read along with Alexander Scourby, on MP3, while reading our Bibles (King James).
We have only recently started this again, after falling away from doing it when Chris' parents moved in with us temporarily last year. And what is funny...is they are going to be moving in with us again, next week, as they have sold their home and are working towards a goal of relocating to Florida. So...not sure how long they will be with us, but we will try to resume our new found activity!!
It was such a sweet time, although I was a bit sleepy, but with coffee in hand, we made it through 4 chapters. We have started out in the New Testament, which is something new for us, as we usually start out in the Old Testament.
Then the kids were up and our school day adventures began!
Didn't get the laundry folded and put away, like I had hoped, but what can you expect on a very dark, drizzily, dreary day such as we experienced today.
We did watch an episode or two of the "Little House on the Prairie" series that we are watching. We always enjoy that :-)
The photo is one I took several weeks ago, while on a little outdoor adventure with the kids. I needed something bright and sunny today...and this did the trick!!
Blessings~ Lynn
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love the new blog and yes I will now become an advid reader, I love the new testament what a great way to start off your day, I wish I could become an earily riser but I haven't gotten there yet, I usually do my bible reading at night once the kids are down. Love the pics too.
ReplyDelete